Welcome to Kyle's Banjo Club! On the first of every month, I will email you ten tunes in tablature along with a brief introduction for the month's selections. Most of my banjo tabs are for 5-string banjo in G, C, no bass, G minor, or sawmill tuning. I'll be sure to include pieces in a variety of skill levels each month. Every tune is presented in clear, easy-to-read tablature. All of the current month's titles will be listed at the bottom of this post.
As a banjo club member, you'll get exclusive arrangements and transcriptions available nowhere else. Many pieces are from the early American banjo books from the 19th century. I also have quite a few traditional folk tunes that I've arranged for 5-string banjo. You can get past issues from the club at this link: Kyle's Banjo Club Back Issues
This club is free and open to everyone. If you need any help with any of the tunes, have feedback, or any requests, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please visit bio.link/kyle for all of my socials and contact info.
Selections for Sawmill September 2023:
- Antietam Jig (1865, New & Complete Method For The Banjo, Frank B. Converse)
- Sprig Of Shelalah (1865, New & Complete Method For The Banjo, Frank B. Converse)
- Oregon Reel (1865, New & Complete Method For The Banjo, Frank B. Converse)
- Rocky Road To Dublin (1872, The Banjo & How To Play It, Frank B. Converse)
- Mrs. Lydia Pinkham's Minor Reel (1882, S.S. Stewart's Universal Banjo Instructor)
- Reel Du Nord (1929, Alfred Montmarquette, Canadian reel)*
- The Campbells Are Coming (1880, Glen's Collection For The Great Highland Bagpipe)*
- Boyne Water (1880, Glen's Collection For The Great Highland Bagpipe)*
- Matthew Briggs (1785, Traditional English Country Dance, James Aird)*
- My Lord Willoughby's Welcome Home (1616, John Dowland)*
*indicates an original arrangement or composition of mine