Welcome! I have a bunch of banjo transcriptions and arrangements that I'd like to share with you. On the first of every month, I will email you ten of them. Most of my banjo tunes are for 5-string banjo in G, C, no bass, or sawmill tuning. I'll be sure to include pieces in a variety of skill levels each month. Every tune is presented in clear, easy-to-read tablature. All of the current month's titles will be listed at the bottom of this post.
As a banjo club member, you'll get exclusive arrangements and transcriptions available nowhere else. Many pieces are from the early American banjo books from the 19th century. I also have quite a few traditional folk tunes that I've arranged for 5-string banjo.
This club is free and open to everyone. If you need any help with any of the tunes, have feedback, or any requests, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please visit bio.link/kyle for all of my socials and contact info.
Selections for January 2023:
- The Frost Is All Over (G, The Dance Music Of Ireland, 1907) (Celtic Winter)*
- Snow-Flake Hornpipe (G, Ryan's Mammoth Collection, 1883)*
- Та забіліли сніги (But The Snow Turned White) (Gm, traditional Ukrainian folk tune)*
- Horace Weston's New Schottische (C, 1882)
- New Jersey Breakdown (C, Turner's 60 Breakdowns, Jigs, & Hornpipes, 1900, duet)
- Circus Reel (C, E.M. Hall's New Banjo Method, 1890)
- Sweeney's Reel (C, E.M. Hall's New Banjo Method, 1890)
- Acme Polka (C, The Crown Banjo Method, 1889)
- Banjo Jig (G, The Crown Banjo Method, 1889)
- How To Excel On The Banjo, Part 2 - 18-20 (C, Emile Grimshaw, 1926)
*indicates an original arrangement of mine