Kyle's Banjo Club
Welcome to Kyle's Banjo Club! On the first of every month, I will email you ten tunes in tablature along with a brief introduction for the month's selections. Most of my banjo tabs are for 5-string banjo in G, C, no bass, G minor, or sawmill tuning. I'll be sure to include pieces in a variety of skill levels each month. Every tune is presented in clear, easy-to-read tablature. All of the current month's titles will be listed at the bottom of this post.
As a banjo club member, you'll get exclusive arrangements and transcriptions available nowhere else. Many pieces are from the early American banjo books from the 19th century. I also have quite a few traditional folk tunes that I've arranged for 5-string banjo.
This club is free and open to everyone. If you need any help with any of the tunes, have feedback, or any requests, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please visit bio.link/kyle for all of my socials and contact info.
Selections for March 2023:
- The First Of March (G, O'Neill's Music Of Ireland, 1903)*
- Springvals från Valö (G, traditional Swedish folk tune)*
- А вже весна (And It's Already Spring) (G, traditional Ukrainian folk tune)*
- Kevään Tullen Katosi (It Vanished When The Spring Came) (Gm, traditional Finnish folk tune)*
- March (C, The Improved Paramount Method For Banjo, Frederick J. Bacon, 1924)
- Victory March (C, New & Complete Method For The Banjo, Converse, 1865)
- March From Norma (C, New & Complete Method For The Banjo, Converse, 1865)
- The Boatman's Dance (No bass, Banjo Without A Master, Frank Converse, 1865)
- Bee Gum Reel (C, Banjo Without A Master, Frank Converse, 1865)
- How To Excel On The Banjo, Part 2 - 23-24 (C, Emile Grimshaw, 1926)
*indicates an original arrangement of mine